Friday, October 11, 2013

Stretching Tips

For any of you who like to have stretching routines, I've got some good tips for you I've gathered over experience and talking to other people as well as watching tutorials and conversing with more fitness professionals.
So seriously, don't stretch before you work out when you're cold because your muscles won't stretch as well and you also are putting yourself up to risk of injury. So, go for a run, lift weights, do some body weight exercises for a few minutes, top rock, ride your bike, do something, so that way everything will be warm and ready.
   Once all of those flexibility juices are flowing, stretch! But yeah, definitely stretch after a workout and not before. From personal experience, I've done the splits after a work out and had no issue, but before I felt like I was going to split in half myself. Those wonderful muscles you have, warm them up, and they serve you well once stretching.
   It's also better for your tendons and ligaments. Because when you stretch cold, everything is contracted, and when you're contracted on the inside, it's going to hurt and cause issues if you stretch when everything is tight and not ready for strenuous movement of the like.      
   Your muscles are like a water balloon, you stretch a water balloon before you fill it with water, so that way it holds it a little better and there's less chance of popping it. I really don't think you want your muscles to pop, I've seen it happen and I'm sure you have, so stretch when your warm, it's less painful and if you're aiming for flexibility you'll reach your goals a little faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment