Friday, September 6, 2013

Progression.

I'll talk to you about this as of being a pretty important topic. Your progression depends on how much you work at what your doing and how hard you work at it. Me for instance, I'll give you a quick example. I've been break dancing for almost two years as I write this post. Practice? Six days a week. I don't work out on Sundays as of being my day of rest, so I just work out six days a week instead of seven. You're probably thinking at the moment, "This guy is not mentally sound."
You can make slow steady progress, fast messy progress, slow messy progress, and fast steady progress. The latter I would say is my favorite. 
   To make progress, you need to motivate yourself. If you see something that you want to do, you need to motivate and inspire yourself into doing it. To make progress, you can also make yourself a routine, a chart to mark off, something.
   I find what works best for me, is making it a habit to practice doing things that are new that I want to learn. If you make your exercising a habit, and a big one at that. You will really start to see progress. An every day exercise habit is something that will make you live a very long time. 
   Now don't kill yourself trying to get some fast progression. That would be bad. If you're trying to progress, and you want to do it every single day, you should be in good enough shape to get in that kind of good shape. 
   Before I started working out anywhere from three to four hours a day every day, I had been doing things previously like riding my bike four to five times a week and I did about five or six miles each time, and I also did a lot of pull ups and push ups.
   So, close to two years ago, I started break dancing, and I started lifting weights, and I started to do other things like ride my bike further, ride a unicycle every day, and just do all of these crazy things. I've only been doing handstands for eight months, but because of that progression from my every day habit and practicing planches and everything, I'm leaning backwards, and I'm doing other things as well with my dancing, learning power moves, and everything else.
   Because I was in pretty good shape before I started, I wanted to progress further, get stronger, and become faster and more powerful, not bigger, just better. So I started going onto more exercises keeping those same old exercises that keep me in super great shape.
   If you're looking to progress further, don't just drop all of the easy exercises, those are the basics and the base of how you do things, and how you keep in good shape to do those other things.
   Said well? Leave a comment about your progress, I would go further, but I'd like to hear what everybody else has to say about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment