Friday, July 18, 2014

Wrist Care

A question from time to time is, "How do I take care of my wrists during exercise?" Not hard. Follow the simple steps The Fitness Cookie uses.
To begin with, your wrists are pretty valuable to you. Everybody has a lifestyle that requires their wrists. Gamers, office managers, chefs, and anyone who goes to the gym. Right? Correct. And everybody else requires their wrists.
   Keep them in good shape, don't abuse your wrists. When doing things that are hard on your wrists, make sure that they are able to stand up to that kind of abuse. As well as you can get wrist supports. A bit of compression and comfort helps a ton.
   Recently I wanted to get some wrist bands to keep my hands dry when I was doing things like flares and power tricks on wooden  floors and when I was on the pull up bar, so I bought some and noticed that just that tiny amount of compression helped them with support and comfort when I was doing jackhammers and flares which are incredibly taxing on the wrists.
   As far as weights go, if you feel the need for wrist supports because of some discomfort during your presses, give it a go.
   Now another thing is, don't hammer relentlessly on your wrists. That's mainly an issue for people who break dance, but build your wrists to the point of being able to take that kind of abuse, don't just jump on and start beating yourself up. You have to built up to everything to avoid injury.
   Good luck and safe training.

- The Fitness Cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment